Monday, April 30, 2012

My Final Post...Again! (or "We've Moved!")

Anyone who's followed the http://sweasy.net domain for the last year has got to be tired of me writing blog entries with this title!
First, in June of 2011, I wrote a post in which I stated that I was taking some time off from my personal blog. At the time I said I didn't think it was forever, but I didn't know how long I would be gone. I ended up taking about seven weeks off, and in late July I started posting to that blog again.

Then, back in February of this year, I wrote an entry in which I said I was going to stop writing a personal blog and was going to re-envision http://sweasy.net as an Ed Tech only site. And that's what I've done.

But now, here I am, two months later, and for the third time in 10 month I am writing a blog entry that is supposedly my LAST blog entry. This time, though, I'm not giving up writing blogs. Instead, I'm just moving to a new location. http://kyedtech.com is a blog that--as its name says--is focused on education technology in the state of Kentucky. I was invited to come and write by one of the blog's two authors, and since my blog and their blog have the same purpose, I didn't think it made sense for both to exist, and since their blog title more clearly stated the purpose of the blog, and since there are two of them and only one of me, I decided to join them rather than trying to get them to join me.

So there you have it. For now, this blog is dead. I'm not going to pull it down, though, because it does get a lot of hits, especially because of the blog posts about the Kindle Fire and because of the "Tablet Decision Maker" link on the site. But I don't plan to add anything to it.

I'm not really sure what will happen to the Sweasy.net domain. At this point I don't really have a use for it. But I'd hate to let it expire. I've had the domain since January of 2000. It predates my blog by almost a decade. It actually predates Facebook and YouTube and My Space. I originally used it as a place to post photos and movies for far flung relatives. I don't know what I'll use it for now. Maybe I SHOULD let it expire and let someone who has a use for it actually use it.

I don't know. It doesn't expire until January. Between now and then, I'll have to decide if this is the last sentence I'll ever write on the http://sweasy.net domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment